The Rural Coalition/Coalición Rural is an alliance of farmers, farmworkers, indigenous, migrant, and working people from the United States, Mexico, Canada, and beyond working together toward a new society that values unity, hope, people, and land.
Rural Coalition/Coalición Rural is one of the most grassroots-oriented and culturally-diverse of rural organizations. With over 50 grassroots member organizations we serve as a critical advocacy voice of African-American, American-Indian, Asian-American, Euro-American, Latino, and women farmers, ranchers, farmworkers, and rural communities throughout the U.S. Through our shared efforts, we were able to secure more than 30 sections of policies in the 2008 Farm Bill that provide a seat at the table in agriculture for the producers, farmworkers, and communities we serve.
Together we seek to build a more just and sustainable food system which brings fair returns to minority and other small farmers and rural communities, establishes just and fair working conditions for farmworkers, protects the environment, and brings safe and healthy food to all consumers.
Follow Rural Coalition on Facebook!
- BLOG POST: We Can Do Better than the House's Version of the 2018 Farm Bill
- BLOG POST: Keep Fighting to Build a Better Farm Bill
- PRESS RELEASE: The Assist Socially Disadvantaged and Veteran Farmers and Ranchers Act of 2018
- ORGANIZATION SIGN-ON LETTER: 2018 Farm Bill Equity
- All Workers in All Workplaces Should be Free of Harassment: Expand Title IV of the Civil Rights Act to Include Farmworker Women
- Diverse Rural Farmer and Community Organizations Alarmed by D.C. Announcements